On behalf of the Program Committee, I would like to invite members to submit a proposal for the SWALL 2018 Annual Meeting. We are looking for programs that cover a range of interesting and relevant topics and that appeal to the many types of law librarians and information professionals that make up our broad organization.
Program lengths are:
- 45 minutes, with the option of longer “Deep Dives”
- 90 minutes (in two parts), and
- Shorter “Ignite Talks” (20 slides x 20 seconds), all similar to what we’ve done in the past and based on existing AALL conference formats.
Please use the link below to submit your program proposal by Tuesday, October 31.
CLICK HERE to submit your annual meeting program proposals via JotForm.
Members, contact Jeff B. Woodmansee, Program Committee Chair and V.P., with general programming or form submission questions at email@example.com or Local Arrangements Committee Liaison, Monica Ortale at firstname.lastname@example.org, for particulars about the Houston location.
Submissions will be reviewed by the Program Committee and proposers of selected programs will be notified by Friday, November 17.
Diversify is a very special conference. The sponsoring chapters will be celebrating some big anniversaries as SWALL turns 60 and HALL turns 40!
Additionally, as we meet in our association’s most diverse city, we turn our attention to celebrating the diversity of our membership, reaching out to new potential members, and diversifying our technological and other skills as we expand our knowledge base and learn how to better sell ourselves as information experts.
The conference will take place at the beautiful Magnolia Hotel in downtown Houston April 5-7, 2018. The official conference website is currently under development and will be ready for access soon with more information about the meeting and session locations.
We hope to see y’all in H-town next spring!
2017-18 SWALL Program Committee:
- Jeff B. Woodmansee (Chair), UA Little Rock Bowen School of Law Library
- Monica Ortale (Local Arrangements Committee Liaison), South Texas College of Law Houston Law Library
- Michelle Rigual, University of New Mexico Law Library
- Stacy Fowler, St Mary’s University Sarita Kenedy East Law Library
- DeCarlous Spearman, Texas Southern University School of Law Library
- Chris Dykes, University of Houston O’Quinn Law Library